- Product News
- Scaffolding Aluminum Products Series Phone Booth Safety Netting Rebar Connection System Steel Coil Steel Structure Steel Pipe Formwork
What is API 5CT Casing & Tubing Specification?
API 5CT is standard technical specifications for steel casing and tubing pipes used for oil wells in petroleum and natural gas industries.
Besides casing and tubing, it also includes pup joints, coupling stock, coupling material, and accessory materials, and establishes requirements for three product specification levels (PSL-1, PSL-2, and PSL-3). The requirements for PSL-1 are the basis of this standard.
API 5CT is applicable to following connections which complied with API SPEC 5B:
• SC: Short round thread casing
• LC: Long ound thread casing
• BC: Buttress thread casing
• NU: Non-upset tubing
• EU: External upset tubing
• IJ: Integral tubing connections
4 Groups of Grade
• Group 1: All casing and tubing in Grades with H, J, K, N and R
• Group 2: All casing and tubing in Grades with C, L, M and T
• Group 3: All casing and tubing in Grade P
• Group 4: All casing in Grade Q