- Product News
- Scaffolding Aluminum Products Series Phone Booth Safety Netting Rebar Connection System Steel Coil Steel Structure Steel Pipe Formwork
How to Solve the Common Faults of Flanges?
Some common faults of flanges are listed as the following, and we also listed the corresponding solutions.
#1 The operation of the valve stem is not flexible.
1. The angle of the valve spool's gland is too small or the bearing has worn down. This problem can be solved by adjusting the tightness of the packing or replace the bearing.
2. There is debris or dust between the valve stem and the valve stem nut or the valve stem and the valve stem nut have been damaged. This problem can be solved by disassembling and then cleaning the valve stem. If the valve stem and the valve stem nut are damaged, replace them with new ones.
3. The discs break down. This problem can be solved by checking the failure according to the instructions and then repairing it.
#2 The leakage happens on the sealing surface.
1. Check whether there is some debris on the sealing surface and if there is, clear up the sealing surface.
2. Check whether there is some damage on the sealing surface and if there is, repair or replace the sealing surface.
#3 The leakage happens in the stuffing box.
1. The packing is loose or the packing gland is pressed properly. This can be solved by evenly pressing the packing gland.
2. The packing loses its effects. When this happens, the packing should be replaced with a new one.
#4 The leakage happens on the central flange parts.
1. The connection bolts of flanges are not tightened or tightened unevenly. Loosen the screw and then tighten it symmetrically again.
2. The gasket is damaged. If this happens, just replace the gasket with the new one.
3. There is debris between the flange's sealing surface. This problem can be solved by disassembling and then cleaning the flange.